A classic leek and potato soup with a creamy, cheesy Welsh twist.
• 4 large leeks, washed and sliced
• 2 medium Rudolph potatoes, peeled and diced
• 50g Welsh butter
• 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
• 2 bay leaves
• 275ml milk
• 125g Perl Las (soft blue) cheese
• Sea salt and pepper
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a gentle heat and add the leeks and potatoes, coating in the melted butter. Season well, cover the pan and sweat for approximately 15 minutes.
2. Add the stock, cover and bring to a simmering point. Simmer gently for a further 15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before blending in a liquidizer or with a hand blender until smooth.
3. Return to the pan just before serving and pour in the milk. Heat through gently and crumble in the Perl Las before ladling into warm soup bowls.
This soup is such a lovely winter warmer. Please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you think of this recipe and we’ll send you a lovely warming beanie hat in return.