Paula’s been out sampling our blas y tir potatoes all summer and this recipe has been a firm favourite.
350g Baby potatoes
4 rashers unsmoked bacon
2 leeks washed and sliced
150g grated Welsh Cheddar
Fresh herbs to garnish
Salt and pepper to season
1. Cook the potatoes until tender, cut in half and lay in an oven proof dish cut side down.
2. Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry until crispy.
3. Add the leeks to the bacon and cook until tender.
4. Add the leeks and bacon to the potatoes, pour the cream over, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle the cheese over the top and place in a preheated oven at 200 ̊C to cook for 20 minutes until golden on top. Garnish with a generous handful of chopped herbs.
6. Serve with a leafy green salad.
Quick and easy to prepare, this is the perfect mid-week meal. Please do try this at home and let us know what you think of it! What’s more, if you send us a photo of your cheesy potatoes, we’ll send you a Blas Y Tir apron in return.